In addition to our photo contests we organize video contests regularly- Share your study abroad videos and win great prizes!
Most students experience the most exciting time of their lives during their study abroad semester. We would like to see YOUR greatest moments from your time in Australia, Canada, or the USA and you can win great prizes for sharing them!
Video Contest 2018
Share the most fascinating moments during your study abroad period with us and don’t miss your chance to win:
The best video will be awarded with 400 €! The second winner receives 200 € and the third most impressive video wins 100 €. On top of that, our jury will award 50 € for four additional videos.
- You have spent (or are currently spending) a study abroad term at one of our universities – the International College of Management, Sydney (Australia), Vancouver Island University (Canada), or National University (USA).
- You have shot an exciting video featuring student life, the university, your class mates and/or yourself during your study abroad term and are ready to send us your masterpiece via Email to fotos@ISO-mail.org
Rules of participation for our Study Abroad Video Contest:
- Participants must own the copyrights to their submitted videos.
- Submitted videos must show motives regarding the topic “student life during study abroad”, such as footage featuring university life, class mates, the participants themselves, student events & parties, students at the beach etc. Submitted videos must feature at least one person. We look forward to receiving your creative submissions!
- Featured individuals who can be clearly recognized must sign a release form, which you can download here: Release Form for Video Contests. Please scan the form and send it along with your submissions via Email to fotos@ISO-mail.org or fax it to + 49 (0) 6151 9674 668. Submitted videos depicting individuals who have not signed a release form will be disqualified.
- The copyright of the videos submitted will become the property of the International Student Office (i.e. participants agree that their submitted videos can be used for marketing purposes and can be published outside the video contest).
- Any recourse to courts of law is excluded.
- Please email your videos in mp4-format to fotos@ISO-mail.org or send us a dropbox link or the like alternatively. Individuals can submit up to 15 videos.
- Please name your files in the following stile: „Your university_your name_video title“, e.g. „VIU_Jane Smith_Student Life on Vancouver Island“.
- Videos are selected not only according to aspects of technique and quality but also according to subject relevance.
- An objective and independent jury will select the 7 most fascinating videos. These 7 winning videos will be published on our website (www.international-student-office.org/en), naming the winners.
- Prizes will be awarded only if 15 individual participants submit their videos.
- Submit your videos by 15th April 2018!
Good luck! We look forward to seeing all your creative videos!
Here they are – video contest winners 2016:
Andrea B. – Study Abroad at ICMS, Australia
Marie B. – Building snowshelters – Vancouver Island University, Canada
Simon C. – My semester abroad at National University, USA
Sina H. – Student life in San Diego – National University, USA
Sina H. – Sunny student life in San Diego – National University, USA
Franziska S. – Lifetime experience at ICMS, Australia
Here they are – video contest submissions 2014: