Study in Canada: VIU Application
The official deadline for the entire academic year is March 31st. Oftentimes, we can still make exceptions after this date and in some cases we are able to accept applications until the summer, but it is important for you to know that the course selection already starts in May and you already have to be registered.
For your application you need the following documents in consultation with your International Office:
- Registration Document – please do not forget to sign this on both sides below
- Final grade sheet in English (transcript of records) with original stamp and signature of your university on each page
- Passport copy (if you do not have a passport yet, or if it has expired, please send us a copy of your ID card and submit your passport copy without any further request)
- Evidence of your English proficiency (TOEFL, DAAD, IELTS)
As soon as your application documents are complete, we will upload them to the VIU Online System for you and you will then receive feedback from the local admissions team after 2-6 weeks in the form of an offer letter.
In the next step, you are asked to pay the tuition fees and receive the official Letter of Acceptance. You are officially enrolled at Vancouver Island University!
Contact the International Student Office of VIU, we will gladly assist you in creating your application
Study in Canada:
You have successfully been enrolled – what’s next?
If you are enrolled, you will be eligible for the course selection in May. You can now start the apartment search and receive the form you need to apply for AuslandsBAföG:
- You will automatically receive further information about the course selection by the beginning of May via e-mail. In the VIU calendar (https://calendar.viu.ca/), you can already see an overview of all programs, as well as the complete course list for the individual programs. However, please bear in mind that most courses are not offered in all semesters. Which courses will be available in your semester can be viewed on the timetable. The new course catalogue is usually online in April.
- Information about our different accommodation options can be found here: http://www.viu.ca/international/housing.asp
- Regarding AuslandsBAföG you can contact the AuslandsBAföG-Amt directly: