Study Abroad in the USA: University of North Carolina, Wilmington Application
The application at UNCW includes an online application. The German Office of UNCW in Darmstadt is happy to support you with any questions. Your complete UNCW application should be submitted by March 31st if you wish to commence your studies in August, and until October 1st if you plan to start in January. In case you are considering a study abroad term at UNCW, please also contact the International Office at your university regarding internal deadlines and regulations.
Before you will be able to complete the online application, please send the following supporting documents as scans via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) to our German Office of UNCW:
- Transcripts in English (with original signature and stamp of your home university) – please include a separate list of courses in progress if they are not included on the transcript
- Passport Copy
- English Proof (TOEFL, IELTS, DAAD Certificate or Reference Letter of your home university with minimum B2 level
- An e-mail with the following information: Your name, e-mail address, field of study (please be specific), number of semesters you wish to study at UNCW (1 or 2).
- Proof of Financial Support
- For Exchange students, living expenses only – 7,436 USD per semester
- For Study Abroad students, living expenses and tuition – 18,014 USD per semester
- Document Requirements: Bank statement, bank letter, or government student aid in English, no older than 6 months
Once you have submitted all required supporting documents, you will be sent a link and password for the UNCW Online application, and you can start creating a “wish list” to register for courses.
After the Admissions team has checked your application, you will receive the DS-2019 document which you will need in order to apply for your J-1 visa.
If you have any question regarding the application to UNCW, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Get in touch with us in regards to your application documents and contact the German Office of UNCW – we are happy to support you with your application!